NEC MT1075 Wired Remote Jack

Paul_R

Does anybody have one of these projectors with an original wired remote control cable, or know from experience that the wired remote sockets use a stereo or mono mini jack?

If it is stereo are all three pins connected, or just two (and which) ??

The manual whilst listing a part number, does not specify...

Secondly any ideas on the maximum length that a wired remote is likely to extend to?

Thanks,

Paul

I had an videorecorder with a wired remote on a mono 3.5mm plug and the thing basically switched resistors in line, depending on button pushed.

The resistor value was in Ks, so you could clearly have a very long cable before cable resistance was an issue.

This may or may not help, but I've got an MT1060 sat in front of me, with its remote & the original cable for it. It's just a standard 3 pole (stereo) 3.5mm jack

Thanks Shez, thats excellent.

It looks like the same range of projector, so hopefully the same cable!

Don't suppose I could push my luck and ask if you have a multimeter handy and could confirm if all three poles are indeed connected as you would suspect? i.e. tip to tip, mid to mid and bottom to bottom??

Thanks,

Paul

I do have a meter and yes they are wired straight through - tip to tip, ring to ring and sleeve to sleeve. The plugs are moulded so I can't tell what kind of cable it is but it's a round profile and pretty thin so unlikely to be anything exotic.

I do have a meter and yes they are wired straight through - tip to tip, ring to ring and sleeve to sleeve. The plugs are moulded so I can't tell what kind of cable it is but it's a round profile and pretty thin so unlikely to be anything exotic.

Thank you so much Shez, that is really helpful.

As to cable, I was thinking about making a short adapter from mini jack to XLR so I could use mic cable to extend unless anybody tells me thats a really bad idea....

Thanks,

Paul

Archived