mh-660 power problem

ekul1978

hi, ive got an futurelight mh-660 with a problem. when turned on the unit begins its start up sequence then just stops. ive checked the fuses (replaced some to be sure) also checked the cables, wiring etc and it all seems ok. when I had the cases of and powered the unit up it worked ok but when I replaced the casing same problem - anyone have any ideas?

im stuck as I need it for a show tonight :S

cheers luke

Sounds to me like it may be one (or more) of three possible problems:

1) Some moving part has warped or come loose and is fouling on the case. If you are hanging the lights as opposed to having them sat flat, try getting a mate to hold them "upside-down" so you can check if anything is hanging loose, that looks ok when sat on the bench.

2) An opto-slotted sensor is choked up with dust/dirt, or is faulty. The ambient light of the case being off may just be enough to make it work, but if it isn't picking up the movement (ie, from the IR LED in the opto-slot sensor), it may stop all movement functions in order to prevent risk of damage.

3) The power supply smoothing capacitor may have given up, and so there may only be enough DC power to run the motor for a short time before the DC voltage drops to an unusable level.

Archived