Mac 600 Tilt sickness

djandydee

Hi

I need some help from someone who has experience on mac 600 maintenance. I have spoken with our engineers, Martin UK, Martin Denmark and several local hire companies. This fault has baffled them all.

On power up, fixture attempts to reset as normal. Unit starts to pan ok but growls while trying to tilt.

I have traced the fault down to the control PCB - tilt motors, belts and mechanism are ok as I have tried swapping tilt and pan wires from control PCB and fixture tilts smoothly but pan growls.

It is not the stepper motor output chip with the heatsink as swapping a know good one (from pan) doesnt help

It is not the 1.5R resistors down the side of the output chip, they all measure ok.

There is an "A" and a "B" pulse out of the drive chip for PAN

There is only an "A" pulse out of the drive chip for TILT

This drive chip is surface mount so it will be difficult to swap one from something less important like the colour wheel and desoldering surface mount is normally fairly destructive,

Can anyone help...much appreciated

Andrew

This definately sounds like a blown driver chip, but I would also check the wiresets to make sure there is nothing shorting out that could have caused the chip to blow. As for replacing the chip, if you do not want to resolder it yourself you can buy refurbished PCBs from any Martin dealer.

Archived