2 channel DMX converter

Fleeting

Greetings,

I am looking for a two way DMX to +10v converter. I don't want to buy a 18 way+ converter just to use the first two channels. Is one readily available? I have been thinking of using a Zero88 betapack de-mux card in a different box.

Any suggestions?

Fleeting.

Sorry to say the Beta 1 card is no longer available to due to obsoletion of the key component.

The Beta 2 card is difficult to fit as it requires both a 15v and 5v regulated rail to operate correctly.

You could try XTBA as they make small DMX converters.

Contact No: 020 7281 7766. I think Chris is the contact.

MA Lighting do a two channel demux board - click here and scroll down a bit.

List price is £74 I believe.

XTBA do single and 8 channel demuxes.

Bear in mind that the Betapack 1 board was twice the price of the Betapack 2 board, so if you do want to go down that road, the cost saving will easily pay for a couple of voltage regulators.

HTH,

Dave.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Zero88 Sell a Demux the smallest channels they do is 24 and 48 we've been looking to get one as we want to buy a Memory Desk and are dimmers are analogue. I think Zero88's Demux 48 costs around £400 - £450 I can't right remember it was a while ago I asked them.

Adam

I don't want to buy a 18 way+ converter just to use the first two channels.

Zero88 sell a Demux, the smallest number of channels they do is 24, they also sell a 48 channel one. We've been looking to get one as we want to buy a Memory Desk and our dimmers are analogue. I think Zero88's Demux 48 costs around £400 - £450, I can't remember for certain, as it was a while ago I asked them.

Adam

Did you bother reading the original post Adam? Also if you're looking for a demux, and don't want to pay £400 for the Zero 88 one, can I suggest you visit this thread for some help.

HTH

PN

Hi,

Can I just make the point that if you are going to buy a £70 demux you might as well pay a bit extra to get a cheap branded demux with loads of channels (Showtec do one think it has 72 channels mc- something or other can’t remember) . I know they would not be required as the original post said but if you are going to pay that money you might as well get your moneys worth as you may never know when you need more channels demuxing (a new word? ;) ). There isn’t anything wrong with the cheap Showtec one I don’t think and it looks just as good as the more expensive ones (although I don’t know personally) but I suppose as usual it could be a case of you get what you pay for…

In this case thought it is obvious that the extra channels are not needed as it is not going to be a touring piece of equipment and just screwed to the wall for a permanent specific purpose.

Scenemaster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

Sorry,

It wasn’t the Showtec MC- something but the BOTEX

ME-72 Multi Exchanger. I was talking crap. ;) I think it is £105 on Thomann. But hey… Completely irrelevant…

Scenemaster

Archived