LEDJ Par 56/64

lukemoscrop

Hi there this is my first post here in what appears to be a great forum.

My question is does anybody have any experience with LEDJs par 56/64's and is there much difference between them except for about 75 leds? Also are they as bright as they say they are?

I've added up links to the official website.

http://prolight.co.uk/item/ledj30/

http://prolight.co.uk/item/ledj34/

Thank you, Luke.

Hi.

I have got 4 of the LEDJ floor standing PAR64s and they are good for backilight (Lighting walls, ceilings) however for lighitng performers I found them not to be bright enough and I have 2 stands of 4 standard par 56s to light people.

Hope this helps,

Jon

We have 12 of the 64's and I find them more usefull for set dressing / highlighting more than anything else, partly because of brightness and also because they are quite narrow beam.

Used them for addtional sidelight for dance a few times - 6 a side which isnt too bad. Will be using them to light the heavy fog during the panto this year!!

But for the price - pretty good I think.

Guest lightnix

Hi Luke, welcome to the Blue Room :blink:

What are you going to be using them for?

As others have suggested, they can make great back, side and effects lights. Just be aware that they don't always work so well as frontlights and can have odd effects on coloured sufaces. The blue content especially, can make some shades fluoresce :unsure:

Try putting some light frost in front of them, too - it really helps smooth out the RGB lumpiness :g:

So youve only got 2 to do the colour wash of the walls ?!!

Ok, well in that case, forget about the ones pointing at the stage and use all 4 to colour wash the walls - you'll need them , unless ur lighting the walls of a large dolls house!. Also , try adding some brushed silk frost which will give you more spread from them as well. You will lose a little of the brightness , but will gain coverage.

HTH

Currently using 8 of these for school production just to give choice of colours for different scenes with limited channels, hired them from a friend of mine...

They give a reasonable amount of colour, but are no comparison in brightness to standard PAR64s, even 500W.

For the price, they make wall washes of various colours easy, and can be a cheap alternative disco lights for all "DJ Daves".

One issue we have with them, is that is used with certain other DMX equipment in the same DMX chain, they can behave quite erratically: flashing to different colours, strobing, pulsing.... To resolve this, either put them on their own DMX universe, or just use an optoisolated DMX splitter to supply just these cans on their own chain.

I would still consider hiring them again, or buying them, due to the simplicity of being able to change to any colour you want, without using multiple channels for lots of standard cans.

Looking at the photos, I notice that the design does not include any gel frame 'feet' for you to add a diffusion or silk to spread or soften the beam a little. when I have used the LED Pars, the use of some frost has been essensial, so the addition of a gel frame becomes more of a requirement rather than a cosmetic luxury to make the can look like a traditional Parcan.

Thanks for all the replies. As another option are there any Led Parcans that you would recomend. Budget would be $100 max for each indivual one. They would be used for washing on white screens but may also be need to use in conjunction with other stage lighting (not front of stage).

Currently using 8 of these for school production just to give choice of colours for different scenes with limited channels, hired them from a friend of mine...

They give a reasonable amount of colour, but are no comparison in brightness to standard PAR64s, even 500W.

For the price, they make wall washes of various colours easy, and can be a cheap alternative disco lights for all "DJ Daves".

One issue we have with them, is that is used with certain other DMX equipment in the same DMX chain, they can behave quite erratically: flashing to different colours, strobing, pulsing.... To resolve this, either put them on their own DMX universe, or just use an optoisolated DMX splitter to supply just these cans on their own chain.

Have you tried using a Terminator at the end of the dasiy chain.

Archived