Gel Code G842

lewisa

I'm trying to figure out what company is that makes a gel called G842.

Does anyone know?

Are you trying to purchase some to use with existing stock (ie. you definately need exactly the same) or is it a colour you've seen used and want to replicate the effect (ie. something close would be okay)?

As Dan says, Gam 842 is "Whisper Blue". Comparing the Gam swatch side-by-side with my Lee swatches, the nearest I can find is Lee 709 "Electric Lilac" but is isn't a great match. The Gam is paler and a tad more lilac. It could be close enough though if you are struggling to get hold of Gam. Rosco may also do something close but I can't find my Rosco swatch book, sorry!

HTH

Ben.

This tool on the Lee website gives L231 (Three Quarter CT Blue) as the closest match for Whisper Blue.

Three Quarter CT Blue is Lee 281 I think, not 231. I did look at that, but to my eye (I have all three side-by-side now) I'd say 709 is closer to the Gam 842 but I guess its subjective really!

Ben.

Edit - I tried to scan the three swatches to show the relative colours but it didn't really work... here's the link if you are interested LINK . In reality, the GAM doesn't look so different, I wonder if the swatch backing paper is a slightly different shade.

This tool on the Lee website gives L231 (Three Quarter CT Blue) as the closest match for Whisper Blue.

Three Quarter CT Blue is Lee 281 I think, not 231. I did look at that, but to my eye (I have all three side-by-side now) I'd say 709 is closer to the Gam 842 but I guess its subjective really!

Ben.

Sorry, typo, should have been L281.

Archived