Sharpies

camerongp

It's been a while since I've been on Blue Room... And my searching skills are pretty poor. Forgive me if this has already been discussed!

I'm after somewhere online where I can buy a bulk load of sharpies, in pretty colours.

I have found 12 packs and 40 packs of black ones, but I quite fancy some nicer colours to aid me in labeling up desks etc. It seems to work out a little cheaper to buy more at a time, instead of the typical 4 packs you get in shops.

If I've missed this topic already being discussed, could someone please post a link??

Cheers,

Cam ;)

A Little tip about sharpies...

At certain times, hight street book retailer 'The Works' has blister packs of 5 sharpies priced at £0.99 per pack. Bargain! A good time to look for them is just before the start of school term time. I thought it was such a bargain I now have 100 sharpies in a draw at the unit, and a further 100 in my underwear draw (so don't ask to borrow one, its a 50/50 risk!).

Five sharpies for a quid ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I've found a genius replacement...

Pentel Green Label pens. They stay sharp for their entire life, unlike sharpies. Also, because they are not sharpies, nobody ever nicks them! I managed to keep one long enough for it to run out of ink, something that has never happened with a the more popular brand.

As to where to get sharpies, there are thousands of great deals on Ebay, people sell them in the hundreds.

I'm with the last two posters, Sharpies aren't that special really for a start the name is a bit of a misnomer as they inevitably become a blunty way before the ink runs out.

Personally I mush prefer using something like this for marking up desks and smaller connectors. I really only use Sharpies for when you want a fatter label like labelling the ends of Socapex.

Well after a quick look on tat-bazaar and I don't think that you can beat £20 for 48 inc VAT and Delivery....

I have found that the ink in the retractable sharpies is not as permenent as the more traditional ones, and find that on things like case labels it easily rubs off without alcohol...

P.

Archived