Airport voice over needed

julieleanne

I've been involved with installs in a couple of airports & we ended up with good quality sound - just add reverb!

What you probably want though is to lose all the low end & much of the top. Maybe a bit of a boost at 1 or 2 kHz. It may also help to use the cheapest mic you can find (or a C1000 :blink: ). Then add big reverb & early reflections.

A crossover as an insert is good, takes the lows and highs out properly. A fancy mic preamp with distortion capabilities also helps - I use an old Focusrite Platinum, but most of the "mic strip" preamps do distortion nicely.

Also, Sounddogs have some good airport background effect loops.

And for real authenticity - make sure your "talent" ignores any and all training they have in microphone technique. After spending close to 3 days traveling back from the UK to Aus (hours of waiting in airports) I have come to the conclusion that airports hold an entry exam to make sure that no one knows how to properly hold a microphone.

G'day!

I need to create the sound of an announcement at an airport and was wondering if anyone had any ideas about creating that tannoy/supermarket sound?

cheers,

Julie :unsure:

Have you thought of approaching the manager in your local supermarket and asking them if you could record the announcements in the store? You would also get the appropriate background clatter of trolleys.

Slight distortion (though the dialogue has to be audible!) and some delay is the order of the day. (possibly 300ms?)

Also as Mark says, big reverb and lose the lf and some hi freqs.

Pretty much any fx unit should give you this sound.

I have an old zoom unit which has a setting called 'LOFX', it gives the sound of justin timberlakes 'sexy back'.

Which is pretty much the sound of the supermarket greeter!!

Just out of interest Julieleanne, what is this for?

Archived