Patt-264

taffymonster

Hi guys, I know this might seem like a bit of a random question, but whilst doing some research into older (for me anyway!) profiles, I came across the Patt 264.

Basically, was the tilt angle designed with heat dissipation in mind (like the Pacific) or is it simplay arbitrary (something I don't think I can believe!).

It's not the most important question in the world but a definative (or even speculative) answer or two would be really appreciated. B-)

muchos gracias

Ads

PS mods if this should be over in lighting then sorry! :blink: I'm having a blonde day as it is

The patt 263 and 264 were designed for the T4 if my memory is correct. These were designed for cap up burning, with a long tubular body, with the fillament at the other end from the cap

the angle or banana bit was offset so that when hung on a pipe, the lamp would have a roughly vertical burning position, maximising reliability and life.

the 264 had hard and soft shutter sets, called bi-focal by strand. these I personally think were a bit of a waste of time. I remember them jamming often

when well alligned and clean, these were good bright spots - but ill stick with source 4's these days!

the 264 had hard and soft shutter sets, called bi-focal by strand. these I personally think were a bit of a waste of time. I remember them jamming often

far from it,very easy to blend lanterns together for a nice even wash whilst still being able to maintain a (fairly) sharp shutter cut top and bottom,there biggest flaw is the nuts holding the lens tube on

Archived