Sending video wirelessly

Kopy

Well, even if you can get an RCA out from your laptop/PC and send it to an el-cheapo video sender you'd get in a store you'd have to drop down your resolution to PAL, which is basically 640x480 and nowhere near satisfactory for most applications. Plus unless you're looking at a proper video send, the quality is almost certain to be well below standard, as well as subject to dropout.

It seems like you're approaching the problem in reverse - most people would normally say "well, I'll wire it up for the trial period, and then if I know we're going to be here a while I'll consider something more complicated". I can guarantee the simplest solution that's going to give you the best result and work out of the box is running a cable.

@ the OP, and anybody else using RF in an airport; If you've already done the job, then too late, if not...........

It is vitally important that you contact the duty TELS engineer (Air Traffic Engineering) at the airport before you do any work with RF. Apart from the likelihood of a microwave link working so close to primary radar being extremely small (Your receiver AGC has no chance whilst being hit by about 1MW EIRP from the radar head. Most radar systems are in the microwave area of the spectrum too), they will go ape if they find you've transmitted on their site without permission.

At my own Airport (day job) we ask for output power, antenna type & polar diagram, equipment serial numbers, make and model, operating frequency, proof of CE marking and quite a few other bits and pieces. We also have a caveat saying that we can remove any piece of equipment suspected of causing interference to our kit from site.

RF safeguarding is a big deal at an airport, hence why any satellite truck wishing to make a broadcast within the vicinity of an airport must submit their details to the CAA prior to transmission.

Not a rant, but I've told too many PR, team building, AV and general performers off for transmitting on our site. The chances of interfering with our kit is pretty small, the consequences could be pretty hefty.

In your case, your output power is likely to be small, nevertheless, they need to know.

Archived