Pearl Issue

AndyJones

Hello All,

Was using a Pearl 2000 this evening. Spent a few hours programming-As you do! When it came to show time I tried to do timed palettes "5" "palette button" and I found that none of the timing worked-Which made life annoying!

My question to you is: Can any one suggest why my timings wouldn't work? They worked fine during programing. I want to know if it's something I did so that I can avoid doing it again!

Thanks

AndyJones

Hi Andy,

What type of palettes were they? Position, colour, gobo etc...

Often, palettes such as colour and gobo cannot be controled by the timed palette function (as far as I know, I'm more than happy to be corrected by someone more experienced with pearls, as it would certainly make my life easier!).

Graham

Strange. Unless I'm forgetting something obvious I can't think of any other reason for the timing to fail. The only possibility might be something went wrong in memory and needed a reset. But the only time I've seen that was in an old build where there was a maximum number of simultaneous timed recalls after which it would fail. That, as I recall, was the reason for 'kill timed palettes' (or something like that) in Focus/Options. Maybe hit that if it happens again?!

Archived