Coax problem

Mini cable can be proper video coax with an impedance of 75Ohms (and expensive) or thin audio cable that is commonly used as video cable. Over short lengths there's not a huge difference, but long lengths of any cable are lossy, and the thinner - the worse it gets. If you wish to use BNC connectors, the size is rather critical, as the plugs are not one size fits all.

Can't say much more without the proper details.

Sarching RS for "coaxial cable 75 ohm" and folowing the "video cable" sub selection gives 12 highly suitable cables in 100m reels, choice of colour and diameter, choice of solid core of stranded construction -add vat to their list prices.

Sort out the correct connectors that you need and get the cable to suit. Good definition at video rates depends on good cable well terminated in connectors that fit correctly.

Hi,

I need to get hold of 50-100m of coax and wasnt sure where I should be looking. Tried ebay and its all install but I need this stuff to be a little more flexible. Any ideas on where to look?

Thanks, Mike

What exactly is this for, there are many different Co-axial cable types out there and you may need a particular type?

Forget coax. Over 100m you are gonna lose signal strength and quality unless you put in a signal booster or two and maybe even a humbucker at the end if you are running with other cables. Unless of course you are sending SDI down the line. Even so, if your budget allows use a converter that allows you to send the signal down a CAT5 line. Kramer do a "Dual Video Line Transmitter/Receiver System" (sku# K705xl and the K706xl) That'll do the trick if its a composhite signal. will cost about £300 for the 2 boxes then a few more pennies for the cat5 cable. its a pricy option but the quality will be supurb by comparison to the coax rout.

Archived