Mac 250+ Gobo rotation problem

Dr.Bungalow

Hi There,

I have just had a gig with 6 Mac 250+ moving heads.

3 out of the 6 heads would not rotate their gobos. I checked they were all in the correct mode (4) and all other functions prism, prism rotate etc. worked correctly.

Not being too familiar with Martin movers I wondered if anyone could suggest a solution as I will be using them again tomorrow.

Thankyou.

This could be a number of things, from a data problem (try swapping DMX address with one of the working units and see what happens) to a PCB or driver problem, without having opened the units and had a poke about is impossible to say whats wrong.

try the DMX thing nad then try swapping driver chips but a better idea is to talk to the person that you got them from.

Do you mean that the gobos didn't move at all, or would only index rather than do constant rotation.?

If the latter, are you sure that you were sending the correct DMX values to set them all to constant rotate? ( can't remember what these are but am sure the manual will do the trick).

Just a thought.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your the OP the gobos were not rotating at all. If so it could be a number of things from the stepper motor, it's driver chip, or maybe even the rubber band that goes around all the gobo wheels to make them move. You're best bet is to pop the lid and look for anything obvious comparing to a good head. If you've experience with other movers then you should find things fairly obvious.

Also, it almost sounds from the OP like these are hired heads, if so, call the rental company before you do anything as they should provide you with a solution to fix them.

Archived