funky smells!

fireman

hi all,

does any body have any good cures for the funky/ fusty smell that gear takes on when its been stored some where that didnt turn out to be as dry as it first looked?

our singer -bless him- stored some speaker cabs, wooden guitar cases and a guitar amp in his garage and now I can't get rid of the smell that drifts from the gear,

I've tried fabreeze and air freshener but it just makes it stink of some thing else for a bit, then the fusty smell returns.

any help greatfully recieved.

cheers

Suggested remedies for musty smells in rooms incude sprinking bicarbinate of soda over the item then hoovering off the next day (then repeat if smell persists).

Another involves putting a bowl of vinegar over a radiator for a day to spread the fumes around the room. Perhaps if you found a small room you could close the kit in for a day or so with a radiator and vinegar, this might work.

These all sound rather unusual but I suppose they might be worth trying.

cheers guys,

I ve treid the bicarb on a leather jacket that started to get a bit wiffy and it did work to a certain extent, the viniger one sounds about right, Ive heard of poeple using it as a deoderant, hmm new lynx chip shop!

Archived