q dim dip switches

themadhippy

anyone know what order the dip switches on the light proccesor q dimmer are? spent most of this afternoon trying to it work out without any luck,its a 10 way dip switch marked 1-10 so very user friendly,is 1 the left or right switch? are they binary? is it up or down for select? why did we add another module to our arri rack,meaning someone had to the readdress all the dimmers upstream of it?

If its anything as user friendly as the qcommander *shudder* then it could easily take 'true' DMX addresses, rather than normal DMX addresses - that is, 0 to 511 rather than 1 to 512. Subtract one from the address you're trying to achieve. No idea about the switches, but the Light Processor website might be of some use.

Edit: Corrected numbers - have my dumb head on today!

I assume you are talking about a QPack?

If my memory serves my right DIP switch 1 selects between analogue and DMX control, so if you want DMX put DIP switch 1 ON. Then the rest of the switches work in binary, so if you want a start address of 001 then just put DIP switch 2 ON, if you want start address 7, you will need 2, 3 and 4 ON, etc, etc.

I assume you are talking about a QPack?

yep,thats the one

DIP switch 1 selects between analogue and DMX control

ah that makes things a bit clearer,as origanaly it was set to 1.4,5 on,for DMX address 96,no wonder I couldnt crack the code

Archived