demux

minimac

well I want to run my fatfrog(z88) from a amdram setup. this is basicly 3 eltec 1300 dimmers with leads and bleecon conectors on the end.(3 in total) is there any way of putting these three onto one conector? and then into a demux? or is this not what I need?

thanks

Don't think you will find anything cheeper than the 24ch behringer DMX lighting desk, (about £150) but ISTR that maplin were doing a kit that might help (though it would take a fair amount of tweaking to do exactly the job you want....)

James

Yes, it sounds like a demux is what you need - with a DMX in and 0-10V analogue outputs - though I forget off the top of my head how Eltecs are wired and whether they need + or - 10V (it's the same as Zero88 suff, if I remember).

Sounds like the botex one from thomann would be best for you, as in the one being discussed at the moment on another thread....

James

so I would need to put all the dimmers onto one cable, how would I do this?

lots of lx tape and twisting of wires together?

or 3 bleecon sockets to a suitable conector (25 pin d type for the unit mentioned above) for the dmux

the only problem I have is that, I dont think many demux's have 3 inputs? so I would need to put all the dimmers onto one cable, how would I do this? :** laughs out loud **:

OK, the desk outputs DMX; the demux has one DMX input, it then outputs a number of channels of analogue data. This output might be on one or more 24pin D type connectors, or 8 pin DIN connectors or whatever depending on the model. Therefore what you need are some adaptor leads - if you're buying the demux box then you'll have to make them; if you're hiring the demux box then you might be able to hire the correct leads with it.

Archived