Leatherman

Ike

Send it back to the manufacturer.

I know it doesnt sit well , I broke mine two years ago and still havent had the heart to send it back. Details as to how to send it back are on the leatherman site.

I droped a large piece of sheet steel on mine a while ago - snaped it in half. I took it to my supplier who posted it to the states for me - I did have to prove I purchsed it from there otherwise they still would have done it but would have charged me a couple of quid for postage.

James

Guest lightnix
...although wrap it securely as one light fingered northern postie has my worn leatherman in his back pocket.

Send it recorded delivery to make sure it gets there. Interesting you should mention that part of the world, though. I've had a whole heap of brochure material fail to arrive around the North West in general and the Lake District in particular. Many of the businesses I've spoken to up there say that the Royal Mail is in total chaos in that neck of the woods.

Send it recorded delivery to make sure it gets there.  Interesting you should mention that part of the world, though.  I've had a whole heap of brochure material fail to arrive around the North West in general and the Lake District in particular.  Many of the businesses I've spoken to up there say that the Royal Mail is in total chaos in that neck of the woods.

The post is pretty grim in west London as well.

Note that recorded delivery does not give you any extra insurance beyond the basic £28 that you get with all letters - it just enables you to prove that it's got lost!

The best thing to do in this case would be to send it back using RM's Special Delivery service as you get £250 of insurance with that.

Stu

Guest lightnix
Note that recorded delivery does not give you any extra insurance beyond the basic £28 that you get with all letters - it just enables you to prove that it's got lost!

Yes I know, although you are able to (try to) claim compensation for lost items now, by filling in a form. Our local PO will print out an extra bit to go with a normal receipt, which you fill in with basic details of the addressees of your mail, to provide proof of posting, should you need to claim (even with normal 1st Class). Fortunately I've only had one torch delivery go missing in the post recently, which I just had to swallow, unfortunately. It wasn't a huge order, though.

Back on topic: Wave every time at the moment, although there's a nice new range of Leatherman kit coming out this Summer. I quite like the look of the Charge XTi with titanium handles and interchangeable driver bits :o

Time for a change ?

I was wondering what leatherman's do you all have? I've just been on there site and theres like loads. Personaly I like the look of the Super tool 200.

I'll say one thing: leatherman wave, its gotta be done

I love my Wave, but the one thing I wish it had was a corkscrew.

Corkscrew still sadly lacking from the Charge XTi, which I feel could oust the Wave from pole position as De-Facto technician tool. Might be time for an upgrade me thinks. Perhaps a batch order of 'Blue Room' Charge XTi's at a reduced price?!?

ive got a super tool 200 and havent found a job it cant do - even open wine corks!!! if you know what your doing you can do anything with it.

I have to say though my first one broke completely into two seperate pieces! I snapped it across the hinge ring for the wire cutters\pliers while cuting the copper in a 125 amp 3 phases distro cable. Took it to my local branch of Tiso's - the guy behind the counter couldnt believe his eyes, shook my hand and handed me a brand new one over the counter - he took my old one and sent it back to the states as no one has aparently ever had a supertool break.

But my leatherman is great - no problems with the new one and its been through the wars!

Archived