USB power adaptor

Doug Siddons

Tried the usual route but can't find anything honest!

I have a tascam USB122 preamp/soundcard thingy and wanted to use it on a show as a standalone two channel pre amp. It is only powered by the usb and there was no handy computer so hence the question can you get a wall wart which would power it.

Befor the extra questions get asked, it has no ac/dc power input, and I don't need any extra kit as I have a garage full! I just didn't have what I needed on this job and the tascam was in the car for some reason :)

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/p...products_id=113

The above link should provide the product you need. Charge circuits are contained within the equipment which can be charged. Not the "charger". The product shown in the link is just a mains to USB power adapter, in the same way as your mobile phone "charger" is just a power adapter.

This product is supplied with a UK 3 pin plug. The power adapter supplied is 5V, 500mA. (from link above)

Is that any help/clearer?

As a finale just bought an adaptor, plugged it all into the Tascam, phantom power was provided but no sound passed through, connected the laptop all worked swimmingly so file under £15's worth of a failed punt <_<

Anyone want to buy a used ipod power supply?

iPod chargers are for iPods only, Ive already tried using them for something else. Try an all round USB charger.

Good Luck :]

If Doug has access to a different charger then it may be worth a go but I wouldn't spend any more money on this this. I had the same thought as Andy (but didn't bother with a "me too" post). I've only used the Tascam audio adaptor once but my memory is that the routing relies on drivers stored on the PC which would be lacking with a simple USB power adaptor.

Bob

Archived