Studio Due Dominator

live

Just picking the brains of fellow B.R users about the Dominator.Has anyone used a Dominator supplied off a generator? The problem I have is the site electrician has decided to split the 32amp supply into 2 x 16amp and "forgot" to notify myself of the changes!! I'm after any info on suitable generators and possible problems anyone has first hand running one in a similar circumstance.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

The only experience I have of this sort of thing was when I got a phone call from a friend desperate for a generator 'cause the one he'd received from the hire company had a 30amp breaker on it and would trip after about 5 minutes, I think the generator he was using couldn't had been much bigger than a 20kva fast tow from HSS and as far as coping with the load it was fine, the weak link appeared to be this breaker. We gave him our 50kva and it ran fine.

So I guess the advice is check with the hire company that it will produce 35 Amps minimum on 1 phase (i.e. you have head room) and the size/type of breaker fitted, it should be C type it would be great if it was D type. A fast tow will save you money if you are competent to tow it/ have a suitable vehicle. it may be sensible to actually bring your Dominator to the Hire place and ask if you can try it for 15 minutes on site whilst you sort the paperwork. I think most companies would have no problem at all with that.

Slightly off topic ---my experience is that slightly older generators tend to tell you they're not happy by making a louder groaning sound where as the younger models will go mental set of every alarm/siren known to man and flash lots of lights and displays.

Thanks Germaine, the problem I have is it needs to be sited on the fourth floor and the on site H&S officer will not allow trailing cables of more than 4m! So a truly portable generator is the only option.The problem is to find one

Thanks

g

Thanks Germaine, the problem I have is it needs to be sited on the fourth floor and the on site H&S officer will not allow trailing cables of more than 4m!

When you say fourth floor, you don't mean indoors do you? I'm confused. :pissedoff:

Archived