Valance for hiding cable

allsounds

You could just use a black drape of appropriate size, or a flat.

For monitor desks I have used fine black netting before, especially if the monitor desk is otherwise visible on stage. It allows the monitor engineer to see the band but the audience can't see in.

If it is just for FOH and you are trying to be hidden off in a corner I would recommend either the venues draping option (i.e. in keeping with other furnishings at the conference) or Black wool surge, because: its cheap(ish) so is disposable when it gets trashed, cheap so can be cut to feed cables through etc, if the bit doesn't fit another can be overlapped without it looking odd.

In general for corporate gigs crew surrounds are provided by the set company, and are made of black material covered flats 8x4, 6x4 etc to length with 4x4 returns. The rear of the flat usually has about a foot of material folded over so you dont see any un-treated wood. I am sitting behind a lovley 16ft example right now!

Archived