Reverb music store

johndenim

Because I saw it plenty of times before I bought it. Anyway, the guitar is coming back repaired. Problems with binding and headstock. Free replacement case arrives in 4 weeks. I'm happier now. I will see how good the repair is shortly.

regardless of signage, if a shop assistant sees that you're genuinely interested in buying the guitar, he could quite well have let you have a play. those signs are generally for the schoolkids who come in and play 'teen spirit' every weekend on the flying Vs.

I've not once gone out and bought a guitar I havent tried, and will literally sit down for a couple of hours and try out every material I expect it to be able to play. I must admit though, I do window shop a lot, and therefore impulse buy quite often! (when money allows)

• 4 weeks later...

REVISED:

I recieved an angry call from one of the staff today, and I apologised immediately, based on accusing him of lying.

I apologise for accusing the staff of speaking to "invisable managers". The comment was made given that I didn't speak to the manager directly. Based on one staff's comments stopping anyone from trying the guitar when it first arrived at Sound Control shortly before the SC/Reverb takeover, I didn't ask to try it from the staff that were present at Reverb on the day of the actual purchase. I was told this guitar was exempt from 20% off everything in stock and that only items with a red dot placed on them were on offer. No items were marked like that. It was then agreed that £800 would be accepted after he spoke to his manager (20% off as per the email I recieved a week prior to that day). I handed over the cash for the guitar and only after this was I told the case was sold off accidentally. It was then, I was told I had to pay for the case because I got 20% off, but I insisted otherwise. It was then agreed I would recieve a replacement Jackson case free of charge. When I found the problems with the guitar itself, I requested a refund but was told the warranty/credit was with Fender UK. The guitar was sent back to Fender with a view to replacement neck or entire guitar. Instead, the binding was improved and most of the damage removed from the arch of the headstock adjoining the nut area. The arrival of the Jackson case is looming over December. I only knew that Reverb shelled out for the case today, and I appreciate the gesture. I remember all conversations wuite vividly. Again, I'm sorry if I've been two-faced.

This is outrageous.

Your warrantee is with whoever sold the item to you. You have a contract of sale with the shop not the manufacturer.

It looks as if they don't want the hassle but they are responsible.

Also, if you have had to shell out for any costs ie returning to manufacturer etc, I'd invoice the shop for it, along with a sum for your time and trouble.

With regards to the do not play sign, no wonder they never sold the thing!

Imagine buying a car but you can't test drive it, nuts. Surely it's only done to deter the Saturday morning dreamers playing smoke on the water isn't it?

Archived