Pearl & titan software

niclights

will be nice to try out an Avo Pearl once they are all running on the titan software.
The software developer I was chatting to on Monday said 99% of the current button presses on D4's/Experts will be exactly the same as they were pre-titan. So while there we're some new features, the desk ultimately stays the same.

From what I gathered, it was mostly about building a new platform so they could easily add new capabilities to the desks in the future & to do a big blitz on all the known bugs that had been lingering in the 'old' software... As well as to add as many of the requested features as they could.

Target date for release was mid October according to the chap I spoke to..

T

will be nice to try out an Avo Pearl once they are all running on the titan software.
The software developer I was chatting to on Monday said 99% of the current button presses on D4's/Experts will be exactly the same as they were pre-titan. So while there we're some new features, the desk ultimately stays the same.

From what I gathered, it was mostly about building a new platform so they could easily add new capabilities to the desks in the future & to do a big blitz on all the known bugs that had been lingering in the 'old' software... As well as to add as many of the requested features as they could.

Target date for release was mid October according to the chap I spoke to..

T

The code is basically the D4 with different front-ends for each console. So, while the software is not new in itself, it is a complete change for the Expert which before was effectively running an inefficient simulator. The development of a separate front-end gives the ability to retain familiarity.

The initial release will intentionally be a stripped-down version but even this does bring a lot of new functions to the Pearl. The obvious ones being playbacks on presets and delay/fade timings for each attribute of each fixture in any given cue (although in this release some may only be editable via Show Library). The former gives you the opportunity to run 80 cues/cue lists/chases/shapes simultaneously, all immediately accessible with fader in addition to 60 palettes.

If people are interested in discussing this further I'm happy to answer questions and any feedback from the show would be useful. Perhaps mods can split this out if so?

The code is basically the D4 with different front-ends for each console. So, while the software is not new in itself, it is a complete change for the Expert which before was effectively running an inefficient simulator. The development of a separate front-end gives the ability to retain familiarity.

I was under the impression that Titan was a complete re-write from the ground up for both consoles. This has had to be done to allow much better expansion and allow some of the planned future features to be implemented. At its first release there will be little difference on the D4 but there are some really cool features planned for development within Titan over the next couple of years.

I was under the impression that Titan was a complete re-write from the ground up for both consoles. This has had to be done to allow much better expansion and allow some of the planned future features to be implemented. At its first release there will be little difference on the D4 but there are some really cool features planned for development within Titan over the next couple of years.

While I'm sure some elements may have required new code or adjustments, the majority is based on D4, albeit a newer version than the current release build. I don't see any real problem with this since the existing code (mostly!) worked very well. More importantly it was already written and proven. This does not stop the development of new functions of course.

However, the Matrix offline editor is essentially completely new as far as I understand.

Archived