GCSE Results. What did everyone else get??

mrcog

It's results day and most of our younger members already know. So, what did everyone else get.

I got:

A* in Physics

A's in Chemistry, Biology, DT

B's in Maths, English, Business studies, RS,I.T.

C in English Lit

D in French

Happy with them all apart from maths, hoped for an A in that but hey, I got 397/500 and an A was 400/500

Ohh well

I just got my AS-Levels:

Design Tech: A

Physics: B

English Lit: C

Chemistry: D (dropping it for A-Level)

General Studies: A

My GCSEs were:

A* in Music, English Language, Electronics, Physics

A in English Lit, Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Statistics and Geography

B in R.E

Congrats to you all on your results :D

Guest lightnix

Strangely enough, I did a Geography GCSE paper as a part of my GCE 'O' Levels, way back in 1978. It was a test paper, to see how well we'd do with it, but counted as an 'O' Level in the end.

I got a Grade B - like I did with everything else :D

Not to knock anyone who has done well, but please don't be under the illusion that there hasn't been a lot of "Grade Inflation" over the last couple decades. The Gov. decreed that schools were going to get better, and what is easier than paying more to teachers, training MORE teachers etc? Why, you move the goal posts!

I don't know what the numbers are, but it was the case that the mark to get an A was in the top few % of the pupils taking the paper, a B a wider band, C wider still, decreasing back down through D-F. So you get a bell curve. Now we hear that something like 60% get C or above, and a significant percentage get A*. How? It's maths Jim, but not as we know it!

I took my O-levels in 1971 and got: Grade 1 in Physics, 2 in English, 3 in Maths and Technical Drawing, 5 in Chemistry and French, and 6 in Art. I think! It's quite a while ago now but I thought I'd post anyway. (Top of the pops was Get It On by T Rex).

A* Chemistry

A in Maths, Physics and French,

B in Biology and IT/Electronics,

C in Geography

DD in English Language/Literature.

Although those were taken in, er, 1997. :D

Matt.

Edit.. I still can't type after a few beers. More practice required...

Archived