DMX splitters.

Jerome

Jerome - Pete's comment wasn't sarcasm. It's possibly the most useful and relevant post in this whole mess of a thread. The fact that you choose to interpret it that way is rather sad.

Your initial questions suggested that you thought this extremely basic device was much more complicated than it actually is.

[dodgy analogy]

In a way, a DMX splitter does the same sort of job as an ethernet hub except it's not bidirectional.

Although they deal with totally different types of signal, they both basically take a signal from one port and shove it back out of all the other ports.

The data isn't altered at all

[/dodgy analogy]

Maybe I was out of order Peter I'm sorry but I thought when I first read it it you were mocking me by suggesting I didn't even know what one looked like, which I do. Sometimes people on here can get funny with students and treat them as if they don't have an inch of a brain. Asking about how it worked was my aim in this 'mess of a thread' which is surely why this category for topics is here! It has been answered now with the help of Peter and others thank you.

Bruce- it was suggested I have a loook on wiki but I can't find much to help... any good links please.

Sorry again

Jerome

No offence taken. I didn't mean to try and put you down, never having met you I wasn't sure if you ever used one. Some people assuming everything involved with the industry is sexy and shiny. There are often bits that aren't, and a DMX splitter is one of those important but anonymous bits of kit.

Archived