Zero88 Betapack 2 - DMX kit?

jexjexjex

Hi all

I've got the chance to aquire a couple of Betapack2's but they're analogue only and so I'm wondering if anyone knows whether there if there iare DMX conversion kits still available for these and what they would cost?

Thanks.

I've used a GLP demux on two installs - I believe they're rebadged as 'Showtec' - try Thoman. The O/P is 72 channel 10 -15v either polarity, user switchable. Cheap, but they've done the job for a couple of years with no problems despite plenty of abuse - they're in schools with student use.

Dave

I've used a GLP demux on two installs - I believe they're rebadged as 'Showtec' - try Thoman. The O/P is 72 channel 10 -15v either polarity, user switchable.
Very true; but it doesn't relate (particularly well) to the OP. The Beta packs had add on modules to make the pack itself DMX controllable. Of course, an external Dmux could be used...

• 2 months later...
if its the same as th DMX module for the betapack 1s then there is very little chance. I was on the phone with zero about 2 months go and the driver IC is no longer made for them. I would say best bet is demux.

Just been and checked the racks - they're actually BP 1's, not 2's...

And I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that it's gonna be a demux job.

The problem with using pulsar and Zero together is that the Analoge pins are different. So you need crosswired patch cables(pain in the a** when you want to add more dimmers to the demux). Best bet is the showtech demux.

Archived