Stardraw Lighting

johnhuson

Hoping someone on here has the answer to this. Just had a lighting plot sent through by an LD which has been drawn in Stardraw, the plot details the types of lamp required in the PAR64's but instead of being CP60, 61 or 62 etc. they are just labelled as 1 or 2. I'm fairly sure this refers to an American way of describing PAR64's but can't remember what they are.

Before anyone suggests it I'm waiting for the LD to call me back but thought someone might have the answer on here first.

Many thanks.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

Appears I've managed to answer my own question! I believe they are as follows, can anyone confirm this?

Type 1 = VNSP - CP60

Type 2 = NSP - CP61

Type 5 = MFL - CP62

Type 6 = WFL - CP95

You are correct - although Par 1, 2, 5 etc are all 110v bulbs.

They are preferred in touring situations because the element is thicker due to the higher current and therefore less likely to break when in the back of a truck. I also seem to remember that Par 1's and 2's had a slightly different beam characteristic for the same reason (more focused?).

They are normally paired either by using a nasty series splitter taped to the bar, or on the dimmer using a series patch lead - thus solving the problem of a 220v supply.

Cheers,

Piers

edit to clarify element characteristics

John,

While I've never used 110V PARs myself, the old White Light hire catalogue listed them with slightly different beam angles to those for the common 240V PARs - unfortunately, I can't quickly find a copy of this online :-(

The new reference guide lists 110V PARs with slightly different beam angles (to the 240V versions) but doesn't list these against the #1, #2 format.

HTH,

Tom

Archived