STRAND 300

theduke2008

Can anyone help??

I am having a spot of bother patching in the four clay paky pin scans to my strand 300 console...

I want the 4 pss on DMX 105, 108, 111, 114 and channels 235 thru 238

What have I got to do and has anyone got an updated strand fixture list?

Please help, my tech is tonight.

Many thanks, the duke

Strand 300/500 Fixture Library

A Simple google search would come up with this.

Im not to experienced with the 300 series, just the 500, but if its anything like the 500,

go into the patch menue and use this syntax

[105][@]235[@FIXTURE][FIXTURE NUMBER]*

How many dimmers are you using?, if it is more than 105 then you will have conflicting addresses.

Tosh

Again using the google search last night I found that but couldn't work out which was for the PinScans

We have two universes so all of our specials are on universe 2

Does anyone know the specific number for the pinscans?

I am still a relative newbie and have been left to set this up and have so far got no further than wiring them up and setting the start addresses.

Thank You

The Duke

Don't know if it's too late, but as there doesn't seem to be a CP Pinscan fixture about, you could patch the fixture manually. To do this patch the dimmer as you normally would (say, DMX 100 to channel 105) and then pan to #.3 (so DMX 101 to channel 105.3) and tilt to #.4 (so DMX 102 105.4).

Will take a bit longer to patch up, but in the absence of a fixture profile or the time to create one it'll get your buckets (or should I say tea-cups?) nodding to the trackball...

Goodluck!

Gareth.

Its fairly painless to edit an existing profile,or make your own.If you open up the fixture.lib file , from memory press the "more" button then "load file" file option on the soft keys and then select the fixture.lib again on the soft keys and the file should appear on screen ready for editing (or boot into dos and use the good ole dos edit command).Once you've got the file up add something like

[99][clay paky pin scans ]

2, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0

3, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0

4, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0

save the file and fixture 99 should then be the pin scans

[99][clay paky pin scans ]

2, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0

3, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0

4, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0

save the file and fixture 99 should then be the pin scans

Not quite right, I'm afraid - substitute a 1 for the 2 in the first line and it will work much better (2 is colour, not intensity!). Other than that, TheMadHippy's advice is bang on. You'll probably find that your fixture library already has 99 fixtures in it - just replace one that you're not ever likely to want (some of them are rather old!) and you should be fine. To patch them in, go to the patch screen and type:

[105][@][235][@FIXTURE][whatever fixture number you built your profile under][*]

The [@FIXTURE] is a softkey. Repeat, substituting your next DMX addresses and channel number and all should be well!

Archived