unlock ev dx38

avdavesound

Hi Everyone, I lost the unlock code to one of my ev dx38 controllers. anybody know how to reset it? I tried the manual but it doesn't say anything about it. I can adjust settings thru Race software but its not ideal most of the time.

thanks

Hi Dave.

If it works like any other piece of electronics which requires non volatile storage such as pc BIOS's and many other audio products chances are there is a backup battery inside it, Removing the lid and taking this out for about 5mins should do the trick, That is of course if it has one.

I wouldn't do this if it was in warranty either as you'll probably void it. Oh and write down your settings first as they'll get erased!

HTH

Alan

Thats a strange one alright, There must be something that'll sort it.

Try this, Just rang someone I know who does work with ev kit!

They say try the following

Press & hold the RIGHT SELECT & EDIT Buttons together whilst turning on the power, I'm told that this will get you into a hidden service menu allowing you to do reset etc.

Give EV a shout if that fails

Alan

• 6 years later...

Hi I thought I would share this info to unlock a DX38, I found this thread when looking for the procedure and couldn't find it anywhere online.

The DX38 will not enter service mode via the front panel when locked so it has to be done via RS232 terminal as follows:

1. Connect DX38 to PC via RS232.

2. Use EV RACE software to backup your user presets (they will be deleted during the reset)

3. Close RACE

4. Open a normal terminal emulator and connect to serial port at 19200bps

5. Type following command and press enter:

/SERVICE/START EEPCLR

The EEPROM will be cleared and you will hear unit click / reset, and then the lock code will be reset to default and service mode will be available from front panel interface.

If you have problems in terminal type ? and press enter for basic help.

Jim

• 1 year later...

Hi Alan,

We are selling 4x EV DX34 all having DX34A software. Can you please explain how to factory reset them as I haven't seen any batteries.

Thanks in advance.

ProStageSound

Thats a strange one alright, There must be something that'll sort it.

Try this, Just rang someone I know who does work with ev kit!

They say try the following

Press & hold the RIGHT SELECT & EDIT Buttons together whilst turning on the power, I'm told that this will get you into a hidden service menu allowing you to do reset etc.

Give EV a shout if that fails

Alan

Archived