fireworks

Dmx512

Not a licence, no - assuming it's a Cat 3 firework. But you'll need to consider a lot of other factors - you'll need to make sure your event insurance covers it ; you'll need to consider safety distances (which, unless it's a particularly small firework, will be 25m) ; you'll either need somewhere to store it on-site before it's used, or you'll need to deploy a marshall/steward with sole responsibility for looking after it while the event is open to the public ; I'm sure there are other things that could be flagged up, but the amdram tech that I'm enduring at the moment is numbing my brain ...

Not a licence, no - assuming it's a Cat 3 firework. But you'll need to consider a lot of other factors - you'll need to make sure your event insurance covers it ; you'll need to consider safety distances (which, unless it's a particularly small firework, will be 25m) ; you'll either need somewhere to store it on-site before it's used, or you'll need to deploy a marshall/steward with sole responsibility for looking after it while the event is open to the public ; I'm sure there are other things that could be flagged up, but the amdram tech that I'm enduring at the moment is numbing my brain ...

I agree garth, But I would check asap with the local town gov. to see if you need a local permit, I have found that it is differnt in very county and village. :rtfm:

I agree garth, But I would check asap with the local town gov. to see if you need a local permit, I have found that it is differnt in very county and village.

I notice from your profile that you're in the US, Richie - fireworks legislation over here in the UK is rather different.

(And it's Gareth, by the way ...)

Single event insirance for fireworks is almost completely unavailable, so get permission from the event manager and check that use of fireworks is covered in writing on the event insurance. Otherwise get your local firework shop to supply and fire the display on their insurance.

For a retail available firework to BS 7114 (?) Cat 3 then you need to secure a 25m safety zone between the cake and the nearest people. If it's a cat 4 cake you obviously shouldn't have it! Also only a few cakes on their own last more than 45 seconds so is it really worth the hassle. Fasten the cake down too!

Firework shows are better done by insured professionals.

Archived