Logic XP range???

Jazzhands

I have herd very good things about about that system config, although I have never herd it as an system before, just the components seperatly.

But yes, that is a matched system, the 8" tops with the 12" subs, and once again I have herd nothing but amazing reviews about it, the quality and volume you get from such a tiny system is unbelivable.

Being smaller drivers it will also be a very tight sounding system, perfect for some fast, live jazz.

Rich

Hang on Scratch that, I`ve just figured out the cost. I guess it depends if the Logic system is as good as some say for £3k or whether to shell out a bit more for the 2 12`s and a 18sub. The TXP range is a good bit cheaper at £1800 for the same idea system. I don`t even know what a 31 band graphic looks like by the way!!!

TXP range is a good bit cheaper at £1800 for the same idea system.

I dont think it will really suit your needs, as I said early, the tops are quite a harsh sounding box, not very warm like you would really want for jazz.

I don`t even know what a 31 band graphic looks like by the way!!!

Random, but you dont really need to unless your planning on doing live sound with your system, in which case I suggest a bit of reading if you dont even know what a graphic eq looks like!

Rich

Just a point from earlier in the thread; is the assumption that if he bought the TT 8" tops and 12" subs that he would need to use all of the boxes no matter what size the gig was?

Pressumably the 8" tops aren't going to do much on their own?

Good point 6th order! I guess that might be a tipping point for me.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

SO if I can`t stretch to the RCF stuff ( if my wife is watching!) then does anyone have an opinion of the Logic system???

I have sold Logic and use Logic currently.

I am therefore potentially biased; who isn't.

So, I expect you'll find them quite flat and detailed with the sub giving a very satisfying low end. I've always thought it was a shame that they didn't make the a powered version of the CM15 as the sound from the dual concentric design is quite smooth. Still, the XP15 has the clarity and a more helpful dispersion pattern.

Powerwise they should do up to your bigger gigs with plenty to spare. Even one XP15 would cover 40 people on it's own so it will give you plenty of flexibility.

Supportwise, though Sound Control are in administration, the factory will support you as required (just checked the website on that one)

I still say there's no better advice than your own ears. Don't forget that you need to listen to your source material through any system you test.

Great thanks, well that`s exactly what I`ll be doing this week having a listen. Pity I can`t get the RCF side by side, but will try and keep an open mind and see what comes if it. I currently run 2 Mackie sr1530`s and The guy over in Leeds suggested that the Logic besides being generally much better, would be warmer, Do you agree?

Just a point from earlier in the thread; is the assumption that if he bought the TT 8" tops and 12" subs that he would need to use all of the boxes no matter what size the gig was?

Pressumably the 8" tops aren't going to do much on their own?

You will almost definitely need the 12" subs with the 8" tops for any type of bass heavy application such as live music.

However, I have used my 8" tops on sticks without the subs for small conferences etc and they work very very well for this purpose with.

I have the 12" Subs & 8"Tops and am absolutely delighted with them, You'll be surprised with how much sound they have for such a small box

Alan

Great thanks, well that`s exactly what I`ll be doing this week having a listen. Pity I can`t get the RCF side by side, but will try and keep an open mind and see what comes if it. I currently run 2 Mackie sr1530`s and The guy over in Leeds suggested that the Logic besides being generally much better, would be warmer, Do you agree?

Yes. Oh yes indeedy!

Archived