Hire of an Avo Pearl 2000

24seven

Could any one out there please tell me the going rate for the hire a Avo Pearl 2000 and if required a graphics tablet - A local company has asked if they can hire mine from me and I have no idea how much to charge ect as the desk has always just come with me for gigs - any help would be good - plus any tips to make sure I get my desk back as I sent it ect ...

Mark W-E :** laughs out loud **:

I hired one at the weekend, picked it up friday from stage electrics in birmingham and took it back on monday and they charged me £240, I thought this was a bit steep but we didnt have much choice as ours had died.

On the flightcase they had everything written as what was in the case listing the lamps, instructions,disks and so forth.

£240? wow that is expensive. Set Lighting or ELP will hire you one for £100/day and if you ask nicely they don't charge you for days either side of your show.

I always write a delivery note with all the desks contents on, print a couple of copies, get the customer to sign one and give them the other. If your worried about it being damaged or even worse lost make sure they have adequate insurance cover and if its damaged charge any costs for repair on to them.

yup - I suppose a saving of £20.00 per day is worth having - but perhaps Stage Elex is more conveniently located? (I'm only guessing, as I don't know birmingham). once you add in the cost of delivery or picking it up yourself, it might even out....???

We hired a Pearl 2004 from ZigZag in Leeds late last year and it was about £300 +VAT for a 10-day hire - it was part of a larger hire though so they may well have discounted the desk itself.

Mine tends to be used by me or lent out for free but when I do hire it the desk with flightcase but no graphics tablet is £100 per day, if they want delivery they get charged my costs, I dont drive.

Archived