Home Learning

Hi All

My current place of work have offered to fund me some kind of home / part time learning scheme for an industry related course. The main requirement is that at the end of the season I am able to carry out basic maintanance and installations on our holiday parks. This will include pat-testing and electrical repairs. As well as installation of new equipment etc.

They have asked me to look into courses that may be suitable. After quite a bit of searching and looking at different adult-education websites I have found this one. Does anyone have any thoughts as to how suitable this would be?

Thanks

Nick

That course will consolidate your knowledge, and give you the supporting theory. However there will be no practical content. Also please look at your local colleges where you may well find courses offered that offer class work and bench work on a day-release basis the tutorial support and the practical experience will help lots.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

Added;

Some aspects of holiday parks especially caravan hookups are very special cases in the regs because of the earth domains and the earthing class. You will get the special cases explained if your tutor is up to speed but not always from a home learning pack.

Thanks, I tried websites for local colleges but no info there really. I will give them a ring tomorrow if I get time.

With regards to the caravan hookups - I will be staying well clear of that! We are talking entertainment venues ON holiday parks.

Thanks

Archived