New Behringer Desk

Pete Alcock

Thanks, Bryson, for posting the links - I was feeling a bit lazy.

It is, of course, possible that MA Lighting did a deal with Behringer. The Lightcommander 12/2 is rather overpriced, IMO, and I can't imagine them selling many, even before Strand shook the market up with the 200 series. Maybe they sold the rights, or take a cut from every unit that Behinger makes.

You never know, we might see a Behringer version of the GrandMA for 20% of the price - now that would be interesting :D

Just as an aside, at work, we've noted that a nasty tend for manufacturers of cheaper (nastier) gear to call their products something with Euro-, -pro or 2000 in the name (with a couple of notable exceptions) We dread the release of the Euromix Pro 2000, or suchlike.  (Our "E" desk is a Maplin "professional"...ho ho.)

This has been the case with noise-making products for a long time. Most things that feel the need to describe themselves as professional are anything but that, and should be avoided like the plague.

I think the previous Maplin catalogue said something like: "We introduce a new range of products from ProSound, which is set to become the name in professional audio". Writing such trash should be a crime.

With reference to the claims that Behringer produce products with an almost uncanny resemblance to other well known manufacturers, I read an "old joke" on another forum recently:

Did you hear that Behringer doubled the size of their R&D department the other week? - they got another office photocopier.

B) Pete.

With reference to the claims that Behringer produce products with an almost uncanny resemblance to other well known manufacturers, I read an "old joke" on another forum recently:

Did you hear that Behringer doubled the size of their R&D department the other week? - they got another office photocopier.

B) Pete.

hehe :D

Stu

Archived