Martin Destroyer tech help please

norty303

Does anyone know what might cause a Destoyer to not lamp off? It responds to all other parts of channel 1 but not the lamp off. It is an older unit than the rest of mine, does anyone know if the very first units didn't have a lamp off function?

Also, where is a good place to pick up spare dichroics, I'm missing a few across all of mine and it'd be nice to put them back to a coherent set now. Is araldite or a hot glue gun going to be suitable for fixing them back on? The original adhesive seems very soft like the glue they use to fix free CD's top the front of magazines.

Hi norty! I'd use high temperature silicone (not bath sealant) from Farnell or similar (Dow Corning). Hot melt glue will melt when it gets hot..ahem.

For cheap dichroics try Premier Solutions in Nottingham (ex NJD staff) and ask for the Datamoon types..they're about the same size and colour as the Destroyer. I would have said go to Electrovision (50p each) but you might be in for a long wait with them. Of course you could try Martin themselves!! Premier I think will do the adhesive as well.

Any Destroyer / Punisher I've seen just lamps off in the usual way, but bow to others superior knowledge on earlier variants. Maybe your lamp relay is welded? I assume you've got it set to 4-channel mode. In single channel DMX mode I think the gobo just blacks it out...as it should do. DIP sw 9 must be off.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to drag this back from the dead.

Can anyone supply me with a link or a part number for a suitable high temp silicone adhesive for attaching dichroics please?

Whenever I search I seem to only turn up sealants which I'm assuming are not the right stuff. I've tried Halfords, B&Q, RS, CPC, Maplin all to no (obvious) avail...

Can anyone supply me with a link or a part number for a suitable high temp silicone adhesive for attaching dichroics please?

From a Martin parts list (for a Minimac profile):

37000801 Silicon glue clear, low temp. (220-250 øC)

37001201 Silicon glue, hightemp. (250°C), red

I can't recommend one or the other (although the latter seems more promising) but that might be helpful. Sorry if it's not.

Hermetite High Temperature Silicone Instant Gasket Compound (The orange stuff)

Withstands temperatures form -60°C to +260°C

Its cheap and available from all car parts shops

There is also a black (even higher temp version) but thats more expensive.

Archived