Labelling strop lengths

Martin

I'm currently looking at ways of marking up our new strops with lengths. Since the colour of the strop is to denote SWL. The best solution I can come up with is using a marker pen to write the length at half metre intervals. My question is, would this damage the strop? Alternatively has anyone else got any better suggestions.

Marker pen on the body of the strop is a fail, I believe...something to do with possible chemical damage.

How about: coloured tape on an unimportant part of the label? (Ie: not over the SWL or serial number.)

How about: coloured tape on an unimportant part of the label? (Ie: not over the SWL or serial number.)

Could work but it would be good to have more than one place marked as most of our strops are quite long (10m circumference), and it can be difficlut to find the right one quickly in a box.

One way of doing it is to have a colour coded system of labels around the strop - A soft plastic loop around it that can slide along its length to move it out of the way if required.

One way of doing it is to have a colour coded system of labels around the strop - A soft plastic loop around it that can slide along its length to move it out of the way if required.

I do like this idea as the marker can be moved out the way if necessary. I think a couple of our older strops do have this using nylon webbing rings. What sort of plastic would you suggest?

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I'm not really sure what sort of plastic would be best, but you want something that is soft and very tough. It also needs to be available in various colours - You really want a different colour for each length so that you can look for the labels in a case full of Spansets.

try this place for Wire Markers no reason I can think of not to use them, or you can get nylon rings of different colours that are designed to be heat sealed so they would then have to be cut off to prevent them falling off.

cant seem to remember the site for the nylon rings, ill have a look and let you know if I find it.

Archived