Strand 500 series custom keyboard

solex

Hello all,

We have a 510i, and one of the custom keyboards ( the type with go button, record etc rather than a qwerty )

But some numpty has lost the cable converter that was on it. At the moment it has a 6 pin XLR on it, and im pretty sure it was a 6pin to ps2 converter but im not sure if this is right, or what the pin to pin should be for the converter.

Any one shed light on this as using the softkeys on the front sucks!

Thank you in advance

Solex

Any decent computer store should have them - although, you say 6-pin XLR, do you mean a DIN plug? If it's an XLR, I don't know, but our 520 takes a DIN plug for the keyboard and our only keyboard with that plug died; we had no trouble finding a converter at the local computer store.

The backup control keyboard (if that's what you're describing) was always supplied as standard with a PS2 connector and sat in series with the QWERTY keyboard.

Looks like it may have been "customised" in which case without knowing pinouts I doubt if you'll find one "on the shelf". Next time I have one in bits I'll let you know the pin/cable config so that you may choose to either get rid of the XLR or wire up your own converter.

Archived