Music Lighting

Andy!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi

when quo came round to guildford to start their current tour (guildford) they had the custom marshall stacks but they had some red/orange [ish] flouro tubes [or were they led's ;) ] in the stacks along with p64's. these were in a stack that filled the interior af an arch over it all

interesting patch.

looked really good. - must find an excuse for using the same background setup.

:D

Yeah cool sounds good we have our music show comming up at school soon, so if you have any ideas that you think you make it wicked! then let us know the people in the tech involved in it are members on here

gallente- visual

Jason- Sound

Andy!- Lights

cheeers!

unless I've missed it - fatal flaw of lights inside kick drum is that virtually everyone will be full of a blanket, gaffer and an AKG 112 - who would want to see that mess. The drummer and sound would never allow you to empty it, no matter the visual result

unless I've missed it - fatal flaw of lights inside kick drum is that virtually everyone will be full of a blanket, gaffer and an AKG 112 - who would want to see that mess. The drummer and sound would never allow you to empty it, no matter the visual result

perhaps we are talking about the sort of kickdrum used on top of the pops - the ones where the beater stops 5mm away from the drumskin? thus negating the need for d112s, blankets and other audio kit.

perhaps we are talking about the sort of kickdrum used on top of the pops - the ones where the beater stops 5mm away from the drumskin?

Are you trying to say that TOTP is not live?? - I thought it was now...

David

perhaps we are talking about the sort of kickdrum used on top of the pops - the ones where the beater stops 5mm away from the drumskin?

Are you trying to say that TOTP is not live?? - I thought it was now...

David

I guess my comment belongs in the nostalgia thread really - in the days when I was a regular TOTP viewer it was definitely not live most of the time - eg guitars with no cable to the amps in the days before radios... I'm afraid I don't often watch it now cos I'm an old fogey. I always assumed that "coming to you Live" referred to the "as it happens" broadcast (I.e not pre-recorded), rather than the nature of individual performances.....

try to cook the drummers slowly with a few 8-lite mols behind and above them.

[sprinkle liberally with par 64's close by on booms]

- usually they are ready after 30 mins, but always overcook rather then undercook them if unsure :unsure:

the birdies are surprisingly effective if close by - point/focus a few at crash cymbals and other such things, they give a good beam when there is a bit of smoke too.

cheers

andrew

• 2 years later...

One cool effect we've managed to get from a drum kit is to put two par 56's infront aiming up at the kit and two at the side, again aiming up at the kit. Then we put an atomic 3000 behind the drummer's ass (which I don't think he was massively impressed with the heat from!!)

Looks really good when the rest of the stage is quite darkened, you have one of those drummers who love to polish up their kit and use greens and clears on the pars. I'll try and find pics somewhere.

As for putting lights inside the bass drum, it really wouldnt work on a live show, as some one pointed out already with two mics, a blanket and a whole load of vibration!!

People will soon get board of the LED products

I agree completly I mean look how quickly everyone got bored with moving lights, discharge lamps, scrolers, triac dimmers, DMX, computerised lighting control, electric hoists etc etc etc

but they in moderation can still be fun to play with!!

you jus gotta be creative

Archived