Leatherman

kalmatthew

I am looking for a new Leatherman Wave can any one here recomend a good place to buy one?

So far I have found them for:

£70 (inc VAT, P&P) on LX store

£93 (inc VAT, P&P and Tool Adapter) on Millets Direct

I would reather not use e-bay for this as they seem to be noo cheaper after expenses taken into account.

e-bay £52 including shipping. If you can find a guy called 'valkyriebiker' selling them then he's a safe bet. Got mine from him.

Can also support this one, ive bought two from this person ( the last being £46 )

Safe person to buy from and arrives reasonably quickly!

The thinking was I could go through about 20 of them before reaching the cost of an authentic leatherman.

Have to factor in both the time/effort/cost of obtaining 19 new imitation leathermen (leathermans?), and the (arguably) increased likelihood of it breaking when you most need it, though...

...and the safety aspects of breaking multitool with sharp blades and the possibility of it getting blunt quicker but if its still working fine then I would say it is a good buy.

Yeah, I don't plan on going and spending 50-60 squid on one just yet (twang as leatherman breaks :P )

Such tools are great for the "oh I quickly need a knife" or "This not very tight or long screw needs undoing" (maybe I'm just lazy, but I'm waiting for the electric leatherman :P ) or "My horse seems to have something in it's shoe, I've always wondered what this device does..." :P

Archived