Slide Projectors

WolvesAndi

Hello All,

On a friday and staurday night in our venue we have a disco, it brings in the money and pays for everything else.

Anyway we project images on the walls to make it look less like a school hall, what we need is a very simple slide projector, but very bright, we simply put a slide in at the begining of the night and leave it on. So simple but very bright, hopefully around 400 or 500 watts.

So can people recomend a projector and also A supplier.

Thanks in advance

Andi Lycett

If its that powerful then the 35mm slides will visibly fade or worse the substrate will char and smoke downwards!! Solar 250 with rotating image wheels, Kodak carousel on auto change or a pacific profile with a 5 x 4 tranny in the gate. Find a cheap source of duplicate slides as then the original doesnt get singed by the heat.

Keep the venue as dark as pos then the projector shows brightly in comparison.

You can get 400w carousel projectors. Simda make a nice one, or BKE do a re-engineering job on Kodak SAVs. You could pick one up second hand, but they may well still cost a bit. The airflow is sufficient to stop the slides melting, but fading could be an issue over long periods.

Can't give you a lead on suppliers I'm afraid. My contact sold his last Simda; to me!

Archived