Wholehog 1

aidan.hughes

This is going to be a shot in the dark. But does anyone have any bits for the WH1. Yes thats right a WH1. I am wanting to fix up and update one. No jokes or Digs. Its a great desk. Im really looking for anyone who has a hard copy of the software on cd or floppy disk laying about. The desk at the moment is working the best just as it was when it was made. Any help would be great.

You have a Hog1? In working condition? Wow! Any idea which one it is? There were only a very few of them actually made, and they all had names rather than serial numbers ... specifically :

EENY ; MEENY ; MINY ; MO ; SPOTCO ; STING ; DEAD ; BACKUP ; MAY ; BERLIN ; JUNE ; ALABAMA ; MONTY ; SPAIN ; JOSTLE ; SWEET ; GRIPPER ; MINCE ; NERNER ; TWENTY ; WIDGET ; LURCH ; NINJA ; BEAKY

Which one do you have?

You have a Hog1? In working condition? Wow! Any idea which one it is? There were only a very few of them actually made, and they all had names rather than serial numbers ... specifically :

EENY ; MEENY ; MINY ; MO ; SPOTCO ; STING ; DEAD ; BACKUP ; MAY ; BERLIN ; JUNE ; ALABAMA ; MONTY ; SPAIN ; JOSTLE ; SWEET ; GRIPPER ; MINCE ; NERNER ; TWENTY ; WIDGET ; LURCH ; NINJA ; BEAKY

Which one do you have?

Its Meeny. number two in the world.

I need the software mainly. The console is 100% just want to beef up the pc a bit.

Which one do you have?

And I have to ask...did Spotco belong to the Spot Co?

They were (53 Northfield Road), and it did. I seem to remember reading that "Spotco" was originally bought by ... err, SpotCo to do the Orb tour in the early 90's along with various big raves etc.

Hi Aidan

Send me an email to martinw@carallon.com and we can help you out with this, and any other questions you have about the console. We have two of them here including the prototype (with the touch sensitive faders that never made it to the production version).

Regards

Martin

This is an SOS to everyone. The WH1 we have has died and at the worst time. The COMs board has died. Not such a big problem I think I have some kicking about. The big problem is the interface board mounted on te back panel made a pop and died. I think its the LM430 mounted on the heatsink. If im right this is a +5V voltage reg. Any help would be great as I want to get this up and working ASAP. Please help.

This is an SOS to everyone. The WH1 we have has died and at the worst time. The COMs board has died. Not such a big problem I think I have some kicking about. The big problem is the interface board mounted on te back panel made a pop and died. I think its the LM430 mounted on the heatsink. If im right this is a +5V voltage reg. Any help would be great as I want to get this up and working ASAP. Please help.

LM340 (sic) is a 1A positive voltage regulator. The second part of the part number normally tells you the voltage (such as LM340-05 for 5 volt).

Just about any 1A or 2A +ve reg will slot in the space, although be careful of the pin-outs.

Maplins sell 2A versions here... http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...39&DOY=23m5 for the grand sum of 79p. Shouldn't take too long to fix.

Just be wary of the fact it has blown for a reason. Could be old age, could be related to the comms board, or could be something else.

Matt

Archived