AV Companies Near Cheshire

Hi,

I work for a high school in Cheshire and we haven't had the best of experiences with Stage/Lighting companies locally. I'd better not say too much, but we've tried Northern Stage and VME and we're not very satisfied at all

Over the summer we're likely to have a lot of work available: we'd like to rig up 4 cameras to a vision mixing position; install a multicore to allow us to resite the sound desk; mount speakers; hardwire cabling through to a projector; bring lighting inputs sunk into the stage up to working order; and secure a service contract on our lighting rig, amongst other things.

We're looking for a company who could handle that amount of work to come in and quote us. Would anybody have any good suggestions? I've noticed that MCL have come up, but it seems unlikely that they'd be interested in a service contract. We'd like to keep as much of the work together as possible.

Cheers,

Si

I haven't used them but they are located in manchester : http://www.showtechuk.com/

We had very similar problems a few years back, ended up doing a lot of the stuff our selves, I'm surprised what you say about VME, I thought they used to be good, as for Northern Stage, well I never had much luck hiring from them, half the time I got the wrong kit sent out....

Hi 3g,

I've heard a lot of good things about VME too, but they turned up to give us a quote for pat testing our lights and ending up starting the job! We've also hired kit off them and they've collected it a week later than they should have done, I had to call every other day for that week to get them to come out and pick it up.

We have a basic, 30 year old rig and Northern Stage came in and recommended that we spend £15k on two moving head lights and a fat frog desk!

That's why we're not too keen on using either company tbh.

I haven't used them but they are located in manchester : http://www.showtechuk.com/

We had very similar problems a few years back, ended up doing a lot of the stuff our selves, I'm surprised what you say about VME, I thought they used to be good, as for Northern Stage, well I never had much luck hiring from them, half the time I got the wrong kit sent out....

AV-wise, I suggest you have a chat to CSP Audio Visual to see if they can help you. They're based on Deeside industrial estate, not far from the bottom end of the M56 so handy for most bits of Cheshire. As a venue we regularly hire kit from them (and they from us!), and as a freelancer I've done quite a few jobs for them in the past. Tell them that Gareth from Theatr Clwyd sent you ...

As for the other stuff .... PM sent!

• 7 months later...

Hi everybody

I'm Ben, and have just taken over as Sales Manager at VME. I'm sorry to hear that you have had some issues dealing with our company. If there is anything that we can do to resolve them, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Office number is 01565 652 202

Hi 3g,

I've heard a lot of good things about VME too, but they turned up to give us a quote for pat testing our lights and ending up starting the job! We've also hired kit off them and they've collected it a week later than they should have done, I had to call every other day for that week to get them to come out and pick it up.

We have a basic, 30 year old rig and Northern Stage came in and recommended that we spend £15k on two moving head lights and a fat frog desk!

That's why we're not too keen on using either company tbh.

does the company have to be based near cheshire or would you deal with a national company because the company I work for may be able to help you with the various aspects you require. We have 2 sides to our company, Universal AV who deal with installations, and Universal Live (the side I work for) that does event work.

Have a look at www.uniav.com or www.universal-live.com and see what you think.

Guys, you realise that this thread is 8 months old, right?

The boss and I went to visit Simon at his school over the summer and quoted him a price for the work he wanted doing. I guess the job's either been done or abandoned by now ...

Archived