Behringer B212A active speakers

RoyS

Hi Everyone,

I’m considering purchasing some Behringer B212A active speaker’s for some vocal foldback and possible some use as delays. http://www.behringer.com/B212A/?lang=ENG My intended use for these is for semi-pro ‘Blues Brothers’ type bands and is not for use on national tours, etc. I'm thinking of the active route to save on 2U of rack space, which would push me to buy yet another.. Does anybody have any opinion of their performance? Can anyone think of a better powered speaker in this price bracket (£173.00) each including the governments well deserved tax…

Thanks to all.

Roy.

Hey. What sort of power are you looking for? I have had very good experiences with the studiospares fortissimo range. Have a search on here as some of the passive versions of these types of cabs have been discussed recently.

You have to remeber for this sort of price range your not going to get anything particually amazing, especially as you want powerd cabs aswell. Take a look at the thomann range of cabs, although I have never used the powerd cabs themselves I have used other cabs made by them and for the price they are very good speakers.

Rich

Well, we recently picked up a couple for use in our church hall, and for light outdoor duty. Sound quality is good for the price, and they are versatile. Not all that lightweight, and the controls could be a bit vulnerable to getting bashed. I wouldn't know how well they handle being thrashed, as we don't need to use that. They look good, and so far we've had no reliability questions. Solid bass (for a 12") and top end not aggressive or peaky. They sounded good with female vocalists. I think they are good value for the money.

I presume you are going to mount these on sticks?

If not then you may have to consider the angle af attack, although they are wedges they will point at the knees which is where you don't want them to be.

Why not buy some powered dedicated monitors?

Thomann have some pretty good solutions.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_box_ma120_mk_ii.htm

John Denim.

Archived