Tascam DVD 01U

Bryson

So, I'm about to buy a Tascam DVD-01U as our DVD player has crapped out entirely.

Two quick questions, if anyone here has one:

Is it any use? I very much like the CD-01U, but is the DVD version as good?

Does it play CDs? I was going to buy a CD-01U as well for those "we need a second CD player" moments...but realised for occasional use, maybe I can get away with just the one?

My company has several of these units which are used on some of conference gigs for bluechip clients and they have never let us down. they work like a dream and it is also possible to hind the annoying on screen displays of play and pause that you get with most cheaper dvd players. This unit also works as a cd player but the Tascam CD-01U has many more benefits if its just a cd player you are after.

I would recommend these units to anyone and are well worth the money.

Any more info you might need drop me a pm and ill look into it for you.

Cheers,

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...

I've also been considering going down the 1U Tascam CD/DVD route.

My only question is does either unit have a single track function?

E.g. when it gets to the end of the track it stops. (Essential for Backing tracks & sound effects etc)

I'm glad you mentioned about the On Screen Display switch as thats definately a bonus.

Phil

Archived