Repairing Mirrorball Advice

Stu

I've got a rather old battered 8" Mirrorball sat next to me thats had some of it's tiles fall off. I've got them all, so I need something that will glue it back to the ball, and once I've done this, stay there for a good few years :o

Can anyone think of such a substance that'll do the trick?

Stu

I wouldn't use superglue as it will damage the mirror backing. You can get glue specially for mirrors which is available in sealant gun cartridges. Screwfix stock it and I'm sure local hardware stores, B&Qs etc would.

Guest lightnix

If it isn't polystyrene, then good old Evo-Stick impact adhesive may do the trick, although I don't know what it does to mirror backings. You could try contacting a manufacturer to see what they say.

EDIT: The secret is to test a small area first, to see what happens.

If you want it to last a good few years, then surely 5min Epoxy would be the king (as long as you will NEVER want to remove it again) As mentioned previously, check it is compatible with the mirror backing. I used it to glue headlights on my R/C car, it took over an hour with a padsaw to get it off again!

Many thanks all, I'll try out a couple of the suggestions offered, and when I've got it all done I'll post some feedback to let you know what worked :D

Cheers

Stu

Well I personally think it's a waste of money to buy a new ball when I can spend 30mins with a tube of Evo Stick and 30 odd tiles and fix the otherwise okay ball... :P

Thanks for everyones tips - the Evo Stick worked a treat...

Stu

Well when I said old I meant about 3yrs or so! But yes I suppose I could have brought a new one, but it's nice to do something with your week off :P

Stu

Archived