cheapo vari-lite style things

computer

I was referring to the Robe Spot 160xt...we got a very competitive price too!

Well said Lightnix, I've used many fixtures from many suppliers because we have got a 'deal' and the lights may have all been well and good, but they didn't do the job I needed them to do, which is why I've become very wary about what I spec.

Bear in mind exactly what you need the fixture to do, not the cost, money is relative, the necessity of a fixture is much less so.

I'd definiely advise shopping round and getting some feedback from people who actually have had whatever fixtures you're considering.

All lights (should) work wonderfully when fresh from the showroom, but the ones worth buying will still work as well five years later without any major overhaul. Obviously regular cleaning and re lamping when necessary is a given.

I have the pleasure (?) of operating a nightclub rig of coemar fixtures, the spec on them is good enough but they weren't built to last.

The installation is 3 years old, all of the fixtures have had to have major repair work in the two years and 40% of the rig needs major repairs ATM.

Don't allways believe the manufacurers specs. this forum should stand you in good stead.

I have (as ive mentioned before) quite a few ROBE XT 160's these are the equivilent to the mini mac. (but brighter and faster)

I have just taken on 4 brand new colourspot 170 AT's to add to my show, along with 4 Colourmix 250 AT's (fresnel type CYM fixture).

the 170s are well worth the little more money than the 160 and the mini mac. The 170 features Indexing, near to far focus, remote lamp on/off, dimmer (not 0-100%) but allows strobing whilst dimming.

they also feature a new type of gobo and colour wheel, called Lock and Load, where the gobos just slide out of the wheel, takes about 20 secs to change a gobo, or a colour.

very nice fixture in all.

you should be able to pick the ROBE 160XT up for a round £650-£700 if ya box clever

vince

where did you get the 4 Colourmix 250 AT's (fresnel type CYM fixture) from, Do AC distrubute them.

I'm looking to buy 20 or so colour changing units to save me buying loads of parcans. Could these Colourmix units replace a Par64 with a 1k lamp?

The High End Colour Commands look very groovy

800w lamp, 3100ºk so it matches the rest of the rig. CMY mixing - has a zoom (well at least I think it does!), but not sure if it's motorised or a stepping zoom... Nice 8" output on the beam...

http://www.highend.com/products/dichroic_t...olorcommand.asp

HTH

Stu

where did you get the 4 Colourmix 250 AT's (fresnel type CYM fixture) from, Do AC distrubute them.

I'm looking to buy 20 or so colour changing units to save me buying loads of parcans. Could these Colourmix units replace a Par64 with a 1k lamp?

They could easliy out perform a par can, as they are 250MSD, and I believe they also have just brought out a 575w version, to give a little extra poke.

I would have thought AC do stock them, But I bought mine direct from ROBE, as I have dealings with them.

The retail price of the colourmix 250AT is around £900+ VAT. so they are quite pricey.

The other thing is also they are quite big, and fairly heavy units.

but they are an exceptional fixture.

also its worth noting they also make a 240 AT, which is the same as the 250AT, but doesnt have beam effects (frost, wash ect) and also doesnt have barn doors

below is the link to the product, at ROBE's website.

ColourMix 250AT

vince

Archived