help with laser controller

avdavesound

hi everyone, I'm having a bit of trouble finding info on a laser controller. its a dimension d80 laser studio by ivision uk ltd. can't seem to find a manual or anything about it on google. anybody know what control protocol it uses? it has a 5 pin XLR on the back of it. I tried a DMX desk with no luck

thanks

hi everyone, I'm having a bit of trouble finding info on a laser controller. its a dimension d80 laser studio by ivision uk ltd. can't seem to find a manual or anything about it on google. anybody know what control protocol it uses? it has a 5 pin XLR on the back of it. I tried a DMX desk with no luck

thanks

Ive never used it personaly, does it have a patch menu or any dip switches on it?

Surely it is a controller? Why plug a desk into it? I imagine you want to be plugging a laser into it.

why would I want to plug a DMX desk into a laser controller? thats just a stupid comment. I'll say it slowly

I used the DMX desk to control the laser not the c-o-n-t-r-o-l-l-e-r !!!

Surely it is a controller? Why plug a desk into it? I imagine you want to be plugging a laser into it.

why would I want to plug a DMX desk into a laser controller? thats just a stupid comment. I'll say it slowly

I used the DMX desk to control the laser not the c-o-n-t-r-o-l-l-e-r !!!

Your OP makes it sound like your talking about a laser controller, and then you say when you plugged a DMX desk into it it didn't work. Read through it and maybe clarify what you're actually asking.

"anybody know what control protocol it uses? "

All Laser Studio's controllers used a customised command based protocol bases on RS485. All the processing / effect generation is done is the contol card in the laser head. There is no chance of being interface a DMX controller with the system!

Archived