Cham tech X Buster

leofric

Did anyone else out there in blue-room land buy one of these DMX testers. Mine keeps on pottering on doing 90% of what I need it to do on a day to day basis dut I now want to use it to record a couple of back up scenes and it isn't immediately obvious how to do this. I thought I had a manual but it is only a link to a web site that doesn't seem to have a download section for the manual. I've knocked out an e-mail to them anyway but I thought some one out there may be able to respond a bit quicker.

Also has anyone writen any of there own fixture profiles for this unit as this is also lacking from the website and would be a useful up date

As ever. thank in antisipation

Leo

Hi Leo,

Hope your well, long time since I last saw you. I too have Chamtech X Buster and still find it very useful, only downside is there is no updates to the fixture library which on mine is now so old it's at the point of virtually useless.

Don't have mine in front of me right now and haven't used the record scene function for a little while but I seem to remember it being fairly easy. From memory if you use the record scene menu you can capture the current DMX in, with edit scene you can manually alter the levels of all 512 channels in a scene (this is generally what I use to check moving lights these days) and the playback memory is as the name implies for playback.

I have used all these facilities before so if you have any specific problems I'll try and help.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else on here has one, I believe their sales were short lived and haven't come across one 'in the wild' other than my own. Personally it still fulfils nearly all of my needs as a piece of DMX test equipment and what needs it doesn't fulfil I can get using Magic Q and my Enttec Pro dongle. I colleague of mine brought a more modern and still supported Swisson tester not so long ago and although it's a good product I still prefer my X Buster over it and many others on the market, largely for speed and ease of use.

Quick update

I got a very prompt email from from George at Chamtech with a copy of the manual thanks for that.

I now have worked out the scene capture stuff.

\Apparently EU regulations prevent sales here at the moment which is a great shame as along with John I find mine very useful and supporting a load of functions you would expect to pay a lot more for.

Leo

Apparently EU regulations prevent sales here at the moment which is a great shame as along with John I find mine very useful and supporting a load of functions you would expect to pay a lot more for.

To be honest I thought that Chamtech had stopped trading completely a while back, do you know if they're still producing fixture updates for the X-Buster?

Archived