LED STRIPS

djmatthill

Hi there can any one tell me which trade supplier they could recomend I could buy some LED strips such as these

Link

Its what im after but I dont want to pay that kinda money for . Iv tried the usual suspects like , electrovision , batmink , leisuretec etc ,,

any ideas ,,,

Matt

The cheapest way may be to buy a skip load of LED`s and some flat two core cable and get to work with a soldering iron.........Dave

I suppose , But the install job is for a big client and the LEDs will be on clearly on show so would prefer the proper stuff - Any Ideas PLZ

Matt

As well as the LEDs you`d need resistors and a lot of soldering.

Big client needs to understand the VALUE, completely different from Your Cost, of what their getting and be prepared to pay for it.

Maplins 77 quid plus VAT for a 5m reel at 60 Blue LEDs meter.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...O&U=strat15

Lower cost tapes are OK for show but generally not bright enough for illumination.

Pay more, get more, really.

erm, that ebay stuff is only £26 / m - you'd never make it for anything close to that price (you couldn't even buy the parts!).

If your client wants the LED illuminating look but isn't prepared to pay as little as £26/m then pull out of the job because corner-cutting and cheep LED lighting looks like cheep corner cutting!

Guest lightnix
Link

Its what im after but I dont want to pay that kinda money...

OK, so let's cut to the chase: what kind of money do you want to spend? What would you consider to be a "fair" per metre price?? There are probably a dozen or more Chinese manufacturers who could help you, but only in return for a 5000m minimum order and a 30-60 day lead time.

If your client wants the LED illuminating look but isn't prepared to pay as little as £26/m then pull out of the job...

Agreed, cheap LEDs are a false economy QED. Give 'em 6-12 months and you're virtually guaranteed to have the client on the 'phone, bawling at you about how half of "your" LEDs are either flickering, dim or dead.

Not only that: clients will always blame the supplier for the poor quality of the el cheapo, bargain basement kit that they insisted on having in the first place, even when you begged them not to. Why have your own reputation and profile at risk, just because they don't want to spend enough on getting a good result? Such jobs are best left to the cowboys IMO.

Archived