martin audio wavefront paint

avdavesound

hi everyone, I'm looking to repaint my martin wavefront system.(as cheap as possible)looking for a brand or supplier of it. I've used the search function already and all I've found is black paint (trimite etc) looking for the martin Grey colour do trimite do it in Grey? finding it hard to to source it apart from black!

thanks.

If you're wanting to just touch up cabs then your best / easiest (though far from the cheapest) option is to contact martin about it and they'll send you some. It's not cheap though. If you are wanting to repaint the whole lot, then that method will cost a small fortune.

If you're wanting to just touch up cabs then your best / easiest (though far from the cheapest) option is to contact martin about it and they'll send you some. It's not cheap though. If you are wanting to repaint the whole lot, then that method will cost a small fortune.

ya looking to do the whole rig! a know it will cost alot to paint! but if I can cut out martin as the source for the paint it will work out alot cheaper!

If you're going to paint the whole rig anyway, why not paint it black? Saves money!

I really fail to see how painting the speakers a different colour is going to save the OP any money at all??? Good quality hard wearing paint costs the same regardless of the colour. All it's going to achieve is a Wavefront system which is black not grey and as the OP appears to be selling some if not all of this system on his website it's probably not a good idea to make it non standard.

hi everyone, I'm looking to repaint my martin wavefront system.(as cheap as possible)looking for a brand or supplier of it. I've used the search function already and all I've found is black paint (trimite etc) looking for the martin Grey colour do trimite do it in Grey? finding it hard to to source it apart from black!

Best suggestion is to grab a Yellow Pages or have a Google for a local industrial paint supplier. Explain that it needs to be hard wearing and most companies having been given a sample will be able to supply you with a close if not exact match to the colour you require. Trimite is a good brand and is used quite extensively for speaker painting and yes it is available in colours other than black.

• 4 years later...
I believe its getting more difficult to get warnex paint now. I heard somewhere that UK distributors are no longer distributors. I believe you can get it from Thomann still as they're a German company (I THINK, do correct me if I'm wrong) but its phenomenally expensive nowadays, and I'm not sure what colours they have to offer.

We have had the same issue with repainting our brown boxes, the French seem to think paint is more valuable than printer ink. However we got a almost identical paint from- http://www.symphonycoatings.co.uk/ the colour is so close you would not know and its waterproof and pretty tough. I am sure they would do a grey one. Its still not cheap but its less than half the price we were first quoted.

Archived