Small hall setup

computer

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: PAR Noise

Yes, they do make a noise which I guess is a filament sing. A definite buzzing unless they're on 100%.

And if there is only a short throw I would use medium bulbs (CP62 equivalent)

K

If you go too

http://www.10outof10.co.uk/acatalog/10_out...d_Beam_173.html

And scroll down til you find CP60, 61 & 62. The ones you'll find most useful are 62s (MFL) as 60s are VNSP and 61s are NSP (working to the assumption that 95s are then WFL).

You can then also buy 500w version, CP86 (VNSP), 87 (NSP) and 88 (MFL) which have slightly different beam angles compared to the 1k options.

Also remember that the beam given from a Par lamp is Oval, and therefore you need to rotate the lamp when you focus - this means you really should have Parsafes in your can to make sure that doing this is as safe as possible.

By the way, I find Parcan ring totally unacceptable in small studio spaces when at 50% for straight drama (music isn't a problem), so you'll have to hope that your using them in situations where the noise won't be a problem.

HTH

Stu

Archived